Dependent Visas for Canada From India
Do you hold Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or a valid work permit and hope to relocate your family to Canada? It is possible for Canadian citizens and permanent residents over the age of 18 to sponsor relatives to come to Canada. This includes spouses, children, parents, partners, and grandparents. Envoy’s Canada dependent visa services will facilitate your family’s reunion.
Now let us look into the eligibility criteria for dependent visas for Canada from India. As far as the basic requirements are concerned, to apply for a Dependent Visa to Canada, a potential sponsor must provide documentation to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) detailing his financial situation over the preceding 12 months. By providing this information, authorities will be able to ascertain whether or not the sponsor can provide for the group’s members, including his dependent children.Apply Now
Who is Considered Dependent in Canada?
With the proper authorization, your dependents can work or attend school in Canada full-time after you bring them there on a Canada Dependent Visa. You can endorse the following relatives for a dependent visa to Canada under the Canada Visitor Program:
- To your partner in marriage, common law, or conjugal responsibilities
- Minor children (those less than the age of 21) who rely on their parents
- Seniors with young children or grandchildren who rely on them
- A foreign-born child who was adopted by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- People who are related to you very closely, such as your sibling, cousin, niece, nephew, uncle, aunt, etc.
- The people you’re related to in Canada can join you if you’re willing to sponsor them.
When you are married to your partner, either of you can apply for a Work Permit so that you can both work in Canada.
Top Countries To Migrate
Dependent visa sponsorship in Canada necessitates the submission of the following documents:
- Evidence of past travels and passport
- Detailed Instructions
- Marriage certificate or other proof of your status as husband and wife
- Some other evidence of connection
- Verification of the sponsor’s income demonstrating sufficient means
- Submission of Application and Fees to the Consulate
While you are preparing for the application for a dependent visa for Canada from India, let us tell you the exact dependent visa Canada processing time. Following the submission of all paperwork, the interview is expected to take around three months at the Canadian Embassy nearest to the dependent’s residence. The next step is essentially just to wait to have the Visa affixed to the passport.
A few more frequently asked that might strike to your mind are as listed below along with the appropriate answers to the specific questions:
Can a spouse work on a dependent visa in Canada?
In the process of applying for a dependent visa for their spouse, this is one of the most frequently asked questions. Suppose, if you are a permanent resident of Canada and you have asked your spouse to visit you on a dependent visa, wouldn’t it be great if they are allowed to work on that same dependent visa as well? Allow us to answer your question and that shall clear your head off of this concern if your spouse is allowed to work on a dependent visa in Canada.
You and your partner or common-law companion can both legally work in Canada. To work legally in Canada, however, they will typically need a work permit. A work visa is something they need to apply for on their own.
Your husband or wife or common-law companion may be eligible for a “open work permit,” which allows them to work for any company.
A work visa for a specific employer may be required of your husband or wife or common-law partner in other situations. For legal reasons, the company might need to commission an LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment). An LMIA permits employment in a particular position. Investigate whether or not an LMIA is required by the company where your partner or common-law partner is seeking employment.
Now as someone who is already a resident of Canada and is bringing their dependent over to a new country should definitely be aware of the eligibility criteria to sponsor the dependent there in case of any need or any sort of emergency. Here are the set of eligibility criteria through which you can check if you are eligible to sponsor the dependent on their visit to Canada on a dependent visa or not.
The basic eligibility requirements to sponsor a dependent are as follows:
- There is a minimum age requirement of 18 years old.
- You need to be either a permanent resident or citizen of Canada to be eligible
- Nobody needs to rely on welfare unless absolutely necessary due to a medical condition.
- You need to be at or below the poverty line to qualify.
- A valid marriage license of you and your partner.
- Your relationship with the dependent must be genuine.
Once these criterias are met, then and only then you may be eligible to sponsor the dependent who is visiting Canada on a dependent visa.
Likewise, there are certain sets of criteria to sponsor your spouse specifically in Canada. Those set of criterias are as mentioned below:
- To join in, you need to be at least 18 years old.
- After your partner or spouse becomes a permanent resident, you must either relocate to Canada or intend to do so.
- You should be capable and willing to provide for your spouse or partner’s essential needs for the next three years.
- If your husband or your wife does not qualify as a family member, you may not be able to sponsor them. You need to be a resident, permanent resident, or holder of a work visa to sponsor your spouse.
- Your marriage must be genuine and not merely a means to an end to getting permanent residency in the United States. You two need to have been together for at least a year.
This concludes the criterias of sponsoring your spouse on their visit to Canada on a dependent visa. Now let us look ar the documents required for Canada dependent visa:
- Documentation for travel and passport details
- Background evidence documentation
- Legal proof of a relationship, for example, a marriage license.
- Additional correlational evidence
- The sponsor must show proof of income in order to establish that they have sufficient funds.
- Money for the consulate and an application form
From legalities to criterias, we have tried to answer as many necessary questions as we can for you so that you get a clear idea of how the dependent visa system works all across Canada and if you or someone you know is planning to visit Canada, now is the time! Reach out to us at Envoy in case you need any help, we are just a call away.