- With a high credit score and outstanding achievements in your academics, you are eligible to apply for various scholarships at your chosen university.
- You must conduct sound research on your opportunities and programs across the country before applying to any course.
- A professional agency can help you better and guide you throughout the entire process of your application for admission.
- Although, here are a few things you can check and prepare for your eligibility to avail of loans and scholarships.
- You must be at least 18 years old or above; otherwise, the student’s parents will have to fill out the application forms.
- If you are applying through an Indian immigration department, you must be an Indian citizen to authorize the documents of loan.
- Before filing for a loan, you must secure admission to the college or university. It is important because every university has different rules and policies, and the terms and prices also vary.
- You must acquire admission in a professional course such as finance, healthcare, engineering, education, computer science, etc.
- Although, here are a few things you can check and prepare for your eligibility to avail of loans and scholarships.
– You must be at least 18 years old or above; otherwise, the student’s parents will have to fill out the application forms.
– If you are applying through an Indian immigration department, you must be an Indian citizen to authorize the documents of loan.
– Before filing for a loan, you must secure admission to the college or university. It is important because every university has different rules and policies, and the terms and prices also vary.
– You must acquire admission in a professional course such as finance, healthcare, engineering, education, computer science, etc.
Student Visa- Canada
Every year thousands of students from across the globe migrate to Canada to pursue their studies. Canada has made several efforts and has also been successful in establishing itself as one of the topmost attractive countries for students.Apply Now
Reason to Study In Canada.
- Chance to learn with the best- Canada is known around the world for the high quality of its education, from elementary school to postsecondary studies. Furthermore, Canada is a hub of 11 universities out of the world’s top 250 universities.
- The standard of living in Canada is the highest in the world- Canada has the quality of life that you are looking for. Canadians and international students in Canada live comfortably. Canada has four of the top 100 best student cities in the world, according to the World University Rankings.
- The cost of studying and living here is reasonable- Canada has some of the lowest tuition fees for universities among English-speaking countries. Whatever your financial situation, you’ll find something suitable in our diverse range of educational options.
- An experience unlike any other- Canada is full of adventure! One of the best aspects of studying in Canada is the opportunity to experience a climate, culture, and way of life that is unparalleled. Each season and location has so much to offer, from the vibrant colours of our autumn leaves to the soft sounds of snowshoeing through the forest.
Top Countries To Study Abroad
Different Certifications to Study Abroad in Canada
- Qualification – When a programme, which is typically one year long, is successfully completed, a certificate is given as a qualification.
- Diploma – A diploma is a credential given after completing one or two years of successful study.
- Bachelor’s Degree – A portion of the three-year advanced diploma programme could result in a bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate Level qualification – Undergraduate degrees after four years of full-time study, are granted by universities, university colleges, or community colleges and lead to graduate level studies.
- Master Degrees – These can be attained through postgraduate diplomas and certificates. These programmes have work terms that offer full-time possibilities to combine theoretical study with practical experience. Usually, a co-op term lasts between 12 and 17 weeks. A bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher is required to enrol in these programmes.
Canada Study Visa Eligibility
- You must have taken all the required vaccinations. Underage individuals are exempt from receiving all recommended vaccinations.
- You must enrol in classes at a DLI that has a COVID-19 preparedness plan that has been approved.
- You must be enrolled at a DLI, demonstrate that you have enough funds to cover your tuition, living expenses for you and any family members travelling with you to Canada, and return transportation for you and your family.
- You must ensure to adhere to Canadian law, have no criminal records and obtain a police certificate (if required).
- You must have good health, receive a medical checkup (if necessary), and
- Convince the police officer that you’ll go back to your home country once your education is complete.
A Canadian Study Permit: What Is It?
Over 130,000 students visit Canada each year to pursue their studies. They must acquire a study permit from the Canadian government in order to do this. This permit, which is a kind of Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), usually includes information about the school and programme of study the student is enrolled in. It allows them to pursue their studies on a temporary basis in Canada. An applicant must fulfil certain conditions to meet the eligibility criteria.
Documents Required for a Canadian Study Visa
When applying for an international visa, there is a specific list of documents that you will need for every application. Envoy International’s best consultants for Canada study can guide you throughout the application process for your visa documentation to study in Canada. Here is a list of documents which will give you a clear idea about the requirements.
You will need a valid passport for registration to apply for a legal study permit. The passport validity or expiry date of your passport must be in a way that covers your planned stay in Canada. For example, if you want to study or work for two years, from August 2022 to August 2024, your passport should be valid till November 2024, at minimum.
The second important thing that you will need is an acceptance letter from your graduated university or the school that you passed out from. The Immigration department considers and accepts a designated learning institute by the department’s fixed regulatory standards.
Evidence of Funds
Every student or keen learner wishes to study abroad in Canada because of endless opportunities, a better standard of living, and the country’s peaceful-flourishing environment. But one thing everyone forgets is to save their money before applying for the visa because the application process requires proof of enough funds in your bank account.
In the present times, applications are mostly filled on a web portal. Still, if you are opting for an offline application process, then you will need at least two passport-sized photographs for identity verification. It would help if you also carried your photographs on an online database, in case your agency can fill out your form through a web portal.
Result of IME
It is compulsory for every student to undergo an Immigration Medical Examination by registered doctors. Canadian Immigration requires students to book their appointments at least a week before and provides a list of registered doctors conducting the medical examination.
English Language Proficiency Exam Result
Through a Canada education consultant agency, you will need a valid English Language Proficiency result when applying for a visa. It is mandatory; hence you must take the exam before you start the application process for a study visa for Canada from India.
Declaration Statement of Purpose
You must also carry a letter declaring the purpose of your trip or stay in Canada. Specify the details, be honest, and include all the essential parts to ensure the agents accept your application. You must also state why you have applied for the chosen institute and why is it vital for you to get the visa.
Cards for Payment
The application fee for the Canadian visa is CAD 160, which you must carry. You can have credit cards or any online payment method that you can use.
Student Visa and Dependents
A brief of Student dependent visa Canada is as follows:
- A person with a student visa can bring in their immediate family members like spouse and children to Canada with them.
- The Canada study visa allows the spouse allows to apply for a work permit while staying in the country.
- The spouse will have to apply for a different Canadian study visa with the spouse if they want to pursue education in Canada.
- The Canadian student visa holder can bring their dependent children to Canada as well. Children below the age of 22 who are finance=cially dependent on their parents and those above the age of 22 who are not financially independent due to being especially mentally or physically abled are considered as dependent.
- The minor children of student visa holders can even pursue their education in Canada.
- The Canada student visa application fees are CA$150.
- The Canada student visa application processing time is approximately 20 calendar days after you meet the eligibility criteria and submit your biometrics.
Canada is the most affordable country with all the facilities that you might be looking for. The cost of living and your expenses are based on the duration of your course and stay. Usually, your tuition fee should be around 20,000 to 30,000 CAD annually. The fees vary from program to institution, but you should consider this amount as your average expense.
Through a professional consultancy agency, you can easily get your visa, even with a gap year of up to five years. The statement of the letter is a document needed at the time of visa application. You can write the reason behind your gap year in the letter, which can increase your chances of being accepted to your desired institute. It is highly advisable to get proper consultation from an agency if you have doubts about your gap years because a professional agency will have the right solution.
There are plenty of opportunities for international students to apply for free education in Canada. Scholarships and early applicants are usually at a high chance of getting a free course of study. You can search for universities with scholarships, free public colleges and government policies to find a suitable offer for your education.
To be eligible to study in Canada, you must have a study permit. The application process for an international visa requires a list of documents, from photo IDs to a statement of the letter. If you wish to simplify and speed up the application process, you should apply for exams like GMAT and IELTS according to your institute’s requirements.
Getting a PR in Canada is relatively easier than in other countries because of the ease on rules and policies. If you wish to apply for a PR to work after graduation, you can simply fill up a form for the work permit. There are several post-graduation programs that you can avail and benefit from. Make sure to check all your resources and consult an agency to understand the basic requirements of PR.
Studying out of your country can be very expensive, but through numerous programmes and scholarships, students can easily fund their studies. With extraordinary test scores, work experiences, outstanding achievements, and excellence in academics, a student can easily file for scholarships throughout the country. You can also develop your skill-sets, take part in extra-curricular activities, and conduct volunteering activities to increase your chances of acceptance.
Preferably, a 2-year gap for students with a graduation degree and a 5-year gap for students with a post-graduation degree is accepted by the Canadian education system, as it is quite flexible. However, you will have to state the genuine reasons for your gap year and the ways you are willing to fill those with your efforts.
Many universities such as the University of Winnipeg, do not require you to pass the IELTS exam but accept other forms of English proficiency tests. The alternative exams include TOEFL, Duolingo tests, PTE, Cambridge English exams, CPE, etc. While giving an IELTS exam is preferable, you can also get admission into a university through professional consultancy agencies.
As per the Canadian immigration department, you must have a valid passport that covers your entire term, proof of funds for your expenses and tuition fee, and no criminal records. With good scores on English proficiency tests and command of the language, good grades/bands, and proof of achievements in academics, you can easily study in Canada.
You can appear for SAT, TOEFL, GMAT, and LSAT exams for undergraduate programs and GRE and MCAT for post-graduation programs. Different universities and your specifications may require you to appear for different exams. You must conduct necessary research and know your requirements or consult professional immigrant services for better guidance. Along with a good credit score, you must also have a good command of the English language and appear confident in the personal interview.
You can easily apply for PR while studying in Canada if you have lived over 4 years in the country and have a good command of the language English or French. There are several immigration rules and policies that you can try and fit into for early access to PR status such as the express entry program. After completing your education, you can apply for a PR and work permit for your experience under the express entry program.
You can apply for a study permit along with your work permit under certain policies of the immigration department or if you are eligible by your university to work on or off-campus. You can also get a study permit through an IEC certificate. But, the certificate only permits you to study for six months. If your degree term is longer than six months, you must apply for a study permit.
There are several courses that are always in high demand throughout the world. You must know your interests and talents before applying for a course. In Canada, Hospitality Management, Computer Programming, Information Technology, MBA, and Business Development are popular high-demand courses with good-paying jobs and internships.
There are a lot of universities and programs to study law for international students in Canada. After your bachelor’s course which is a four-year program, you must apply for the LSAT, which is the eligibility exam for law schools in Canada. With an outstanding credit score, you can easily apply to famous law schools all over the country.
The GRE exam is an eligibility test required by many universities across Canada for post-graduation programs. Some universities may even require an outstanding credit score for acceptance. The GRE exam helps you overall increase your chances of admission in your chosen university
To be eligible for studying in Canada, you must be at least 18 years old or above. With a valid study permit, you can easily apply for scholarships, fellowships, and programs across various universities in Canada. Although many colleges do not have an age limit, if you are a minor, you should apply for a study permit before applying for a graduate program.
Along with the many courses offered by Canadian Universities, Business schools, Law schools, and IT institutes are the most preferred by international students. These universities offer a varied range of courses, from computer engineering and medical sciences to finance and MBA programs. With a valid study permit and outstanding academic score, applying for high-paid jobs and internships becomes easier for you through these programs.
You cannot stay in the country if you haven’t applied for restoration and the expiry date of your study permit crosses over 90 days. It is preferable that you apply for renewal of your study permit, at least 30 days before the expiring date. The application process takes several months to complete the permit renewal, which is why you should register for it at least 30-60 days before the expiration.
Universities across the world offer medical programs of at least 4 years which excludes universities such as McMaster University which offers programs of 3 years. Medica examinations overseas are highly difficult to crack and even after an outstanding score there is no assurance of getting chosen by your preferred university. Luckily, Canadian application exams are considered easier and less competitive than other eligibility exams over the world.
It is not that difficult to get a Canadian student visa if you are in contact with professional Canada study visa consultants like Envoy International’s agents. Furthermore, Canada offers several options to international students and is establishing itself as a multicultural country by taking in international students from different countries. It is becoming one of the best places to study abroad and has a lot of opportunities for students to pursue.
Yes, Canada is becoming one of the best places to study abroad. It offers several curricular and co-courricular opportunities to international students along with a wide list of universities wherein they can pursue their preferred courses. Additionally, Canada is relatively an affordable English-speaking country to pursue foreign education.
The minimum IELTS band requirement for all the courses be it undergraduate or postgraduate is 6. For pursuing postgraduate courses in Canada the band requirement is 6.5. It is mandatory for the band to be at least 6.
To pursue undergraduate courses in Canada the average percentage score is as follows:
- For students in the humanities stream, the score should be 60 per cent and above in 12th grade.
- For students of science and commerce streams the score should be 70-80 per cent and above in 12th grade.
- Moreover, there are foundation and diploma programs available for students who have scored below 60% in their 12th grade.
However, these score requirements might differ based on the university and the course that you are pursuing.
Get in touch with Envoy International’s best consultants for the Canada study visa application procedure.