- Allows you to take up courses or study programmes for up to four years of duration.
- Makes you eligible to work for part-time jobs during college and full-time jobs during summer breaks or vacations.
- Allows you to visit your education provider for three or more months, if you have taken up a distant learning course.
- With the student visa, you can take up full-time courses which include schools, secondary schools and even English study programmes.
- You must provide the location of the institution and the course you have applied for, in your visa application.
In what ways does student life in New Zealand differ from other countries?
- Home to the world’s top universities, New Zealand is one of the best places to study for students across the globe.
- Considered one of the most peaceful countries in the world, New Zealand is also known for its extremely supportive and friendly environment.
- The country is not densely populated which allows space for each and everyone in their work, education, and private life.
- As compared to universities in many other countries, classrooms in New Zealand are relatively smaller in size.
- This is in order to focus on every individual student and provide them with personalized care and attention.
- New Zealand is filled with public libraries, housing, parks, transportation services, and even jobs open for international students.
- Public transport is used very commonly in every city across the country. It is known as the most comfortable means of transport at affordable rates.
- Using the public bus system, you can easily transport to and from your university and the local areas around your city.
- You can even rent cars on a monthly basis or book cabs to travel around the city at very affordable rates.
- The best part about travelling through public transport is enjoying ferry rides when travelling from one city to another. During every ride, you will be captivated by the breathtaking views of the country.
- From the locals to your senior workers or professors, the people of New Zealand are known to be extremely kind and friendly towards international students.
- The atmosphere of the country is calming and peaceful which allows you to focus more on your goals in a healthy and productive manner.
- Apart from cultural events and innumerable university campus programmes, you can explore the country during your summer breaks and vacations.
- From bungee jumping, and jet skiing to sky diving, New Zealand is home to one of the finest tourist destination spots.
- Be it assignments, projects, part-time jobs or hosting events with large groups, you can find innumerable opportunities to mix up and socialize with people from different countries.
- The culture of being independent and taking responsibility of your own self is highly encouraged in the country.
- You can easily look for part-time jobs along with college and full-time jobs during vacations and start paying your own bills.
- Colleges are a place full of endless opportunities and people from across the globe in New Zealand.
Getting a student visa: Things to know before you apply.
- First and foremost, you need to research your needs and future goals before applying for a visa.
- Check for admission requirements, course details, placement opportunities, course structures, qualification and skill requirements, living accommodations, and scholarships, before applying for the visa application.
- You will have to select a university for your study duration for pre-approval in your visa application.
- Degrees range from under-graduation, post-graduation, vocational, and diploma courses.
- There are also numerous opportunities for research, fellowships, grants, publications, and award programmes in universities across the country.
- You should also check for the exams accepted by your chosen university.
- For example, some universities check and accept eligibility only through IELTS, while other universities accept scores from other types of exams too, like the TOEFL.
- To apply for a more highly ranked institution, you must be proficient in any of these English skill testing exams.
- When choosing the course of study in your interested field, you can also look for better alternatives that are much in demand and offer high-paying jobs.
- Professional consultants can provide you with the information you need in seconds. As these experts are well familiar with the international services provided by these foreign universities.
- They will provide you with a guided structure line of your needs that match with a university’s offerings. For example, New Zealand student visa consultants in Surat will help match the requirements of a student looking for better education and work opportunities than in Surat.
- Many popular courses in New Zealand are- Business and management studies, IT and computer engineering, the field of medicine, hospitality and applied management, entrepreneurship and other fields of the IT sector.
- Professionals in the field of immigration services can guide you better in choosing the institute of your interest field. For example, New Zealand visa consultants in Surat can help you find institutes that provide courses not available in India or Surat but the best suited for you.
- Along with conducting extensive research in your interested field, you must also look for ways to sustain your living and expenses.
- You must be acquired with skills and qualifications that will help you get a paying job and make you self-sufficient for your exams.
- Tuition and college fees can get a bit costly for international students but it also comes with equally high-paying job opportunities.
- Along with that, you should also know the documents required for your visa application process. You must carry them in an online cloud base or in physical form while applying for the visa.
- Keeping these documents in hand before going for registration will help you save time and speed up your process.
Top Countries To Travel / Work / Study Visa Abroad
Qualifications for a student visa include-
- Your admission should be accepted at a local university or an educational institute. The admission should be approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education of the New Zealand government.
- Proof of funds to pay your college and tuition fees or an approved and signed document of scholarship, if any.
- Proof of financial security to live and pay your own expenses in the country.
- You should show a booked ticket out of New Zealand or prove that you can buy one at the time of your term fulfilment.
Documents you need to submit with your application –
- For your identity verification, you must carry passport-sized photographs that cover your entire face, including the top of your head and the bottom of your chin.
- You should carry a visa with a validity of at least 3 months before your departure date and reaching New Zealand.
- Along with a completely filled visa application form, you will also need a document that proves your place of residence.
- After being accepted into your chosen university, the institution will provide you with a confirming letter of your course of study and the place of your residence or location of the institution.
- During the visa application process, you will be required to submit the same document.
- A medical certificate and any required police certificates must also be carried along at the time of the registration process.
- If you have any document written in the local language of your current location, you should also carry a translated English version of the same.
- You will also need to pay the application fee at the time of the registration process. You must carry the necessary expense with you to avoid any chance of trouble for your approval process.
What types of student visas are available to you?
Choose Your Country